"The domain name...
...is the first representation of the Trademark on Internet"
BRAND.WINE or BRAND.VIN ?
- Nellie Kroes (European Commission) writes to ICANN (7 November 2013);
- Now in the hands of applicants: .WINE & .VIN decision delayed to November 2013;
- Bataille .WINE et .VIN, la CE hausse le ton (13 Septembre 2013);
- Vice President of the European Commission to ICANN (13 September 2013);
- GAC Potential Safeguard advice (12 September 2013);
- Wine Trade Groups Want .Wine, .Vin Domains Crushed (11 September 2013);
- Napa and Champagne seek Internet Safeguards (28 August 2013);
- Napa Valley Vintners concerned by the launching of .WINE & .VIN new gTLDs (16 August);
- 20 days left to submit a response to the ICANN board... (2 August 2013);
- The American Administration involved in killing the protection of wine Gis (31July 2013)?
- Fin de la bataille des .VIN et .WINE dans un mois (19 Juillet 2013);
- All 3 .WINE applicants have now completed their Initial Evaluation (19 July 2013);
- La Cyber-menace qui pèse sur les vins Français (12 July 2013);
- Wine Institute questions GAC concerns about geographic second level domains under .wine and .vin (3 July 2013): "A trade group for the California wine industry has sent an e-mail to ICANN Chairman...";
- Donuts, passes ICANN Initial Evaluations for its second wine application .WINE (28 June 2013);
- Faut-il craindre la nouvelle extension .VIN? (June 25, 2013);
- .WINE and .VIN new gTLDs: a virtual threat according to Philippe Martin: watch the video here;
- Famous Four Media, one of 3 .WINE applicants launches a ".WINE Governance Council";
- To come: "Protect wine GIs from Brand new gTLDs: another reason to protect GIs at the source".
- The NGPC to hold a series of calls to discuss .WINE and .VIN applicant responses to the GAC advice (May 23, 2013);
- Applicants for .VIN and .WINE answer the GAC (May 22, 2013):
- Famous Four Media / dot Wine Limited (read their answer);
- Donuts / June Station, LLC (read their answer);
- Afilias Limited (read their answer).
- Les dossiers .VIN et .WINE intéressent de plus en plus (May 22, 2013)
- Registration of new gTLD through ICANN and potential risks for European agro-industry (May 21, 2013);
- "Cyber-menace sur le vin Français" - Radio France Inter (May 15, 2013);
- "Les AOC en danger sur Internet" (May 14, 2013);
- CHAMPAGNE wines support the position expressed by the GAC (May 3, 2013);
- Article from the Agence France Presse (April 30, 2013);
- Article on Vitishere (April 30, 2013);
- Article on Journée vinicole.com (April 30, 2013);
- Article on Vosgesmatin.fr (April 30, 2013);
- Article on Agrisalon.com (April 29,2013);
- Article on Notretemps.com (April 29, 2013);
- Article on Vital Concept Agriculture (April 29, 2013);
- Article on Les marchés de l'agroalimentaire au quotidien (April 29, 2013);
- Article on Sud-Ouest (April 29, 2013);
- EFOW's reaction to the GAC's communiqué in Beijing D. Zandona (26 April 2013);
- To solicit input on how the new gTLD Board Committee should address GAC advice regarding safeguards applicable to .VIN and .WINE new gTLD applications, it is possible for the wine Community to submit a comment (23 April 2013 to 4 June 2013);
- The OIV informs: the GAC recommends the ICANN board not to let .VIN and .WINE pass the initial evaluation (April 12, 2013);
- Wine GI question "not solved", the GAC (Governmental Advisory Committee) blocks all wine applications until next ICANN meeting (April 11, 2013);
- Project dotVinum writes to ICANN: "Hints and Solution for the Protection of Wine Geographical Indications in the ICANN New gTLD Program" (April 4, 2013);
- Solution offered is to...meet at the ICANN meeting in Beijing to "clarify possibilities" (April 3, 2013);
- Donuts sends ICANN representative to meet the French Government to solve the Wine GI question (March 28, 2013);
- European Federation of Origin Wines writes to the ICANN board regarding Wine GIs (March 12);
- Donuts answers the French Government regarding .VIN (February 5, 2013);
- Iran warns on .WINE new generic Top-Level Domain bid (December 21, 2012);
- Wine applications: Results of the New gTLD Prioritization Draw (December 18, 2012);
- Answer from the French Government regarding .VIN Gac Early Warning (December 5, 2012);
- French GAC Early Warning for the .VIN new gTLD (November 27, 2012);
- Answer received from the French GAC regarding .VIN (November 29, 2012);
- "Public Comment" in favour of applicant June Station LLC (August 22, 2012);
- "Public Comment" made by the OIV against application from Gibraltar applicant dot wine Limited/Famous Four Media (August 7, 2012);
- "Public Comment" against application from Irish applicant Afilias Limited (July 27, 2012);
- European Innovation Manager for IBM Europe, Didier Boullery, registers French Trademarks .wine and .vin. IBM is an ICANN service provider for the Trademark Clearinghouse (July 14, 2011).
Mr Boullery has no affiliation with project dotVinum and uses the word "dotvinum" in his registration (...);
- Presentation of the .WINE TLD project to Famous Four Media/Verisign (April 2011);
- Project dotVinum is published in CircleId (March 14, 2011);
- dotvinum.fr is registered for project dotVinum (October 7, 2009);
- dotvinum.org & dotvinum.com are registered for project dotVinum (May 11, 2009);
- Year 2009: Project dotVinum for .VIN - .WINE and .VINO Top-Level Domains is launched.